Are you interested in partnering with Rowsandall.com?
The founding principle for rowsandall.com was, and still is, free data and analysis for rowers. Fulfilling that mission means that we try to test and support as many widely used rowing related hardware and software products as possible. Since these products typically have rapid update cycles for bug fixes and new features, having ready access to the products enables us to keep rowsandall.com working well.
At the same time, one of the most powerful marketing and publicity for niche products like rowing gear is word of mouth reviews and endorsements from "real" users.
We are open to working together with partners serving the rowing community. To maintain maximum transparency to our users, we have the following principles for collaboration:
On blog.rowsandall.com, analytics.rowsandall.com and through our Twitter account, we write about hardware, software, and other rowing related kit that we have used, tested, and are enthusiastic about.
- We welcome evaluation hardware and software products to try out.
- We make no specific commitment in exchange for these products.
- We do not formally publish product reviews, however, we may or may not mention your product on blog.rowsandall.com or analytics.rowsandall.com.
- If there are reasons why we are not satisfied with the unit, but we feel that an improved version would serve the rowing community, we may contact you with constructive criticism. We try to not mention your product in a negative way on our public blogs or twitter. However, we retain the freedom to engage in online discussions about your product, but will try to keep our communication factual.
- We encourage vendors to send us their products for testing. We are especially interested in software and hardware used for indoor and on-the-water rowing.
- We do not accept equipment on loan. This is our policy because this is an informal collaboration, we do not have the ability to accept financial responsibility for loss, breakage or return shipping.
For evaluation consideration, please contact us at email@example.com with information about your product/service including any important links or images prior to sending the product.
Examples of possible partnerships
We currently envision a couple of ways in which we can partner with your business. We are open for other models. If you have an interesting proposition or want to use one of the partnership models listed below, please contact us by email.
- Sponsorship of Pro membership. You distribute coupon codes giving right to a year of Pro membership to the receiver of the coupon. The coupon can be redeemed on this website by the user. He or she will get a year of Pro membership sponsored by you. Rowsandall.com will send you a regular invoice based on the number of redeemed coupons.
- Purchasing blocks of Pro membership coupons. This is similar to the above, except that you pay in advance (at a reduced rate) a "block" of Pro membership coupons.
- Advertising. If you decide to support rowsandall.com through advertising, we will create a top banner where you as a sponsor have space to put up a clickable static picture. Contact us for rates and details on the size of the advertisement and possible duration of the campaign. We reserve the right to decline advertisement that don't add value to the rowing community or aren't a good fit for the audience and content of the site.
- Collaboration on prototypes or beta versions of your new products (or product upgrades). You send us a product ahead of release (under a confidentiality agreement) and we use it and provide feedback. We will make no public comments or posts about the product, nor would we inform anyone else.
- Long term product feedback. Typically in the product design phase. We would act as a sounding board for ideas, could provide feedback on the data related features of the product. We would charge for our time according to an agreed price.